The Pleated Skirt //
Following ‘a trend’ can be tricky, this season it is all about the pleated skirt with designers styling up their cuts, midi, mini or maxi but you you can take your pick. There are wide pleats, knife-pleats, permanent pleats and bright colored styles, as well as this season’s major trend – semi transparency. But just how do you pull your look together? Here are our top picks:
1. Highlight your waist, for the most sliming look its fashionable to show the waistband of your skirt, other wise you can appear shapeless. No matter what you are choosing to wear up top, jumper, a simple Tee or low cut blouse, tuck it in.
2. If you are short bodied then pull your skirt higher up your waist line and if you have just the hint of a little tummy then stitched pleats lie flat at the top and will guarantee you a great outline.
3. Graced with luscious curves then go for a wide pleated design and look for light flowy fabrics that won’t add bulk to your hips. For those who haven’t got quite as much leg to show then a waterfall hem that rises up in the middle will extend your calves.
4. Make every use of the color effect, either pop clashing colors top and bottom or stream line your look by color blocking with this seasons go to shades – white and black and camel.
5. The pleated skirt look is so versatile you can wear it with heels, edgy boots, sandals, pumps, sports luxe
trainers or embellished brogues will look eminently stylish.
Get experimenting, book a StyleMeDivine Stylist today and explore more of the seasons on trend looks email firstname.lastname@example.org